Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Laura, 14/365



For dinner last night I made a quiche, and of course pastry dough was needed. I realized I had none in the freezer left over from double batches of Thanksgiving pies. After conjuring up some dough I broke out the pastry board and french rolling pin my grandfather made for my grandmother, which I "inherited" after she passed away last September. My grandmother was an old world European pastry chef and spent half of her life on this pastry board.

It will be hard not to think of her every time I use it. I don't think I would trade this inheritance for a million dollars.

7 comments:

Kyla said...

That is so heartwarming!

PAL said...

I wouldn't either. That's truly awesome.

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

That is an awesome story!

sheree said...

what a cool inheritance. That is so special.

Anonymous said...

What a treasure! Very cool.

Mary said...

That's awesome. I love baking, but I'm the first one in my family that really does. I can't imagine how much more special it must be for you!

Heather Georger said...

What a great piece of history, family and practicality all in one!