Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Angel



Inspired by the last post, this is my desk. This is where my butt is planted for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. As you can see I've got the typical Librarian/Archivist cardigan sweater because we have to keep it fairly chilly there. I also have my ever present box of tissues. These are the two most important tools of my trade. ;) Oh yeah, and the kick-ass $1500 scanner on the desk. I have to share that I finished a HUGE project this week that has lasted for the past 6 months. I essentially built an Access database with all public information about every sister we've ever had. Now, if that doesn't sound like a lot, keep in mind that the Congregation started in 1869. It is now fully functional. Yipee!!! What's even cooler is I get to go to Mexico City in 3 weeks to teach the archivist there how to use aforementioned database. I LOVE my job.

3 comments:

Mary said...

That is quite a project! Kudos on getting it all done.

Kyla said...

Wow! That is a pretty cool (but daunting) project! Glad you get a trip to Mexico out of it!

Anonymous said...

That is great - what a fabulous job!