Monday, April 13, 2009

Laura, 103/365



So as an experiment, hubbie Michael and I are going to try to avoid eating meat for 30 days. This is JUST meat though: eggs and dairy are a necessity for me. I don't know how those vegans do it. I may try this for longer than 30 days...you never know. We'll see how it goes! The experiment is just to see how we feel. I don't think you get anything nutrition wise out of meat that you can't get from plant sources. I'm anemic, so I'll have to be careful to eat lots of iron-loaded foods. If its possible to get all of our protein from non-meat sources and still feel great, then the health benefits could outweigh the inconveniences! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Luck! I'm impressed - I'm pretty sure I couldn't do as much.

LHB said...

Update on the meat: I am fine and haven't even had a single craving for it. Like the true history geek I am, I'm even reading about ancient Native diets without meat! However, Michael already broke the pact. He went out to eat at a breakfast joint and had himself a pile of sausage.

I guess I'm alone on this journey now! I'm going to hold strong! I don't feel any different yet, but that could be because of the Graves.