Monday, January 5, 2009

Laura, 31



Just got back from a very long vacation and still recovering from logging in over 56 travelling hours. After a good night's sleep, I wanted to create my first post. I missed the part of the instructions that said to introduce myself, with a photo. After reading through all of the blogs, I decided to edit my first post. I guess you could say that is appropriate - editing, that is. I'm a graduate student, and I've discovered the art of writing is all in the editing. The first draft is always crap. The first draft is also always the hardest to get out of your head and onto paper. Its kind of a metaphor for life.

I live in Durham, North Carolina with my husband Michael and two crazy dogs. We are renovating a historic home (read: big mess). Whenever the house renovation gets me down, I think about how many people don't have homes, and I begin to appreciate the fun-house floors, the termites in the newly renovated kitchen, and the broken furnace. Just a few more challenges to tackle in 2009!

7 comments:

Kyla said...

What a cutie!

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

Oh ya... Look whos in the house :)~

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! Nice to "meet" you and look forward to getting to know you better here :) Jen

Kyla said...

Well, now my comment seems a little odd, since the picture changed! LOL. Instead, I'll say, "Nice to meet you!"

PAL said...

I still think she's a cutie! ;) Hey Laura! So glad you were finally able to join us. Miss you like crazy, girl!

Mary said...

I know how you feel about editing. I re-read everything about twenty times before I post it. School truly makes you neurotic, doesn't it? *sigh*

Heather Georger said...

Nice to meet you Laura! I'd love to see some images from your vaca!