Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jen, 34


Hi everyone, I'm Jen.

My husband Mark and I were married nearly eight years ago and have two children - Lainey is nearly four years old and Graham is a year and a half old. I became a full-time mom this past summer when I quit my PR writing job and I've never worked harder in my life. I have a degree from Baylor in journalism and environmental studies and worked in PR for 12 years. Since quitting, my blog has become my creative outlet and a way to preserve memories for my children.

I grew up in several places, but call San Antonio home. My husband and I met in Austin and hope to get back there some day. He and I are both interested in photography, but for him it's more a part of his job and for me it's about capturing these moments with my kids that are going by too fast. Right now I am trying to just enjoy each moment with them - as difficult as that often is for an OCD mom with an emotional, control freak preschooler prone to tantrums and a rough and tumble toddler who actually enjoys getting into trouble.

I'm posting a picture of me and Lainey at a family Christmas party last week. She was still getting over a black eye she gave herself by (in her words): "scratching my cheek on the bathroom counter while I was having a fit."

4 comments:

Heather Georger said...

lol I love your writing style! I am really looking forward to your posts. When did Lainey's hair get so long?

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

You need to get back to Austin quick! :)

PAL said...

Hi Jen! Congrats on becoming a stay-at-home Mom. I always wished we could do that, but we figured out the next best thing. I'm proud of you - that takes guts! Can't wait to see what pics come from being at home with your two little ones.

sheree said...

I love you jen! I am so glad you are doing this too! Can't wait to see what you come up with ;)