Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mary, 27





Hey everyone, I'm Mary.  I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, and I moved to Austin about five and a half years ago.  I'm 27 and although I am an incredibly proud aunt, I have no kids to call my own.  :)  That's okay with me, because I've got my hands full between full-time school and an almost full-time job.  I see less of friends, family, and my boyfriend than I'd like, but I try to make the most of the time I've got.  I'm currently a senior at Texas State University, studying forensic anthropology.  I hope to use my degrees (someday there will be several) to do international human rights and war crimes work.  I work as a bank teller to pay the bills, but my heart's not in it.  I love spending time with family and friends, reading, listening to music, and traveling.  Really, I look for things to be excited about, and I enjoy all things whimsical.  I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are busy! What an interesting major and career aspiration. (My sister in law just finished an interior design degree at Texas State - she already had an engineering degree from Georgia Tech but decided it wasn't for her.) Look forward to getting to know better. Jen

Heather Georger said...

Oh I am jealous! I originally started out wanting to be a forensic anthropologist...life had other plans for me though.

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

Wow! I could have some chats with you! Your major sounds awesome. Enjoy being the proud Aunt. I did it for a long time & loved it! My motto, spoil them & leave them wanting more of the fun Aunt!

sheree said...

that is a VERY cool major! I am so looking forward to getting to know you!

Mary said...

It's funny that you should talk about being the cool aunt, Becca. My sister is five years younger than I am, and growing up, she always wanted me or my older sister to have kids so she could be "cool Aunt Laura." So of course she was the first to get married and have kids. :)